One of my favorite goodies for dinner!
Serves 4, Cooker time: 6 hours, Hands on Prep: 20 minutes
4-5oz boneless chicken breasts
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
2-3 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp fresh lime juice, divided
1 tbsp low sodium tamari sauce (or amino acids)
2 tbsp all natural PB
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp red curry paste
1 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
1 roma tomato, seeded & chopped
1 cucumber, seeded & chopped
1/2 cup red onion chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1tbsp natural rice wine vinegar
2 cups shredded cabbage
8- 6 in tortillas
1. chicken in slow cooker. In blender combine broth, garlic, 1 tbsp lime juice, peanut butter, tamari sauce, ginger, curry paste blend until smooth and pour over chicken. Cook & cover on low 6-7 hours.
2. stir and increase heat to high. Remove chicken and transfer to cutting board, set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove 1/2cup mixture from slow cooker and transfer to a small bowl. Add coconut flour to bowl and stir to form a smooth paste. Return broth-flour mix to slow cooker and whisk until smooth- cover.
3. over 350 degree F, tortillas in two stacks, cover with foil. Transfer to baking sheet – bake 15-20 minutes
4. Using fork, shred chicken and return to slow cooker, stir to coat. cook 10 minutes until heated through.
5. meanwhile in med. bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion and mint. Add vinegar, remaining 1 tbsp lime juice. mix thoroughly. To assemble spoon cabbage, chicken and tomato, cucumber, mixture into center of each tortilla, divide evenly.